Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Road Tripping.....

First, just to throw it out there:

The Delps are taking their first real road trip next week with young Riley. We are driving to Michigan to spend Thanksgiving with Missy's family. To help keep Riley's schedule as normal as possible, we are driving through the night so that he can sleep and we can (hopefully) stay sane. Actually, as I write this (at 10:14 pm), one week from now, we will hopefully be approaching the PA/Ohio border.

Part of me has this excitement of doing the old road trip, stopping at gas stations and getting bad coffee at 3 in the morning. I love doing road trips with Missy. We have a blast together. However, another part of me is worried because I have NO idea what to expect. 11 hours in a car with a crying child could send me to the mental institute. Also, I have visions of driving with the gas light on and seeing a sign that says "Next gas station: 50 miles".

So if you think of it, pray for the Delp family as we embark on a new exciting journey (twice actually because I think we are coming home at some point). It could fun. It could be a disaster. I am confident that it will be a time to remember.

Let's just hope it is for the right reasons.

No comments: