Thursday, January 07, 2010

Baby #2

April 27th - So I started this blog post on January 7th of this year. Obviously, a few things have happened since then. Now, on the eve of our due date for baby #2, I think it is time to post this blog. Below is what I posted a few months ago.

January 7th - As documented in the previous post, a lot of things have happened over the past months that have caused excitement, nervousness, stress and have moved Missy and I to lots of prayer.

However, one thing that has not is probably the most significant thing that has occurred in our lives over the past several months and that is that Missy is pregnant!

I am not sure if it is because we are so focused on the transition to Chicago or that this is our second go around or a combination of both but the pregnancy of baby #2 has been quite a different experience from Riley.

I remember after finding out we were pregnant with Riley, we immediately called the doctor and set up an appointment. I recall being completely stressed (shocker) that we had to wait a month before the doctor would see us. This time, a week after we found out, I asked Missy if she had called to make an appointment and she responded with "Oh yeah, I guess I should do that."

I think I put up somewhere in the neighborhood of 237,489,479,528,374 blog posts about Riley and being a dad, etc. This is the first I have mentioned on this blog and we are about to enter our third trimester.

The fact that we are going to have a baby has driven our timeline as to when we move to Chicago yet, somehow, I haven't wrapped my mind around the fact our family is going to increase by 25%.

That is until two events occurred. The first was the ultrasound. The ultrasound always gets you because the life growing inside your wife goes from an evergrowing bump to a moving, living person. Our baby, apparently, is a thumb sucker. I didn't realize that was a habit that could form in utero but it is.

April 27th - That is where I ended. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the second thing was. However, I do have a second thing now just keep reading.

Since then we have obviously moved, found a new doctor, found a new hospital and (thank God) found a new health insurance company. Also, our baby has grown. She is moving all over the place. That's right, we are having a girl. Riley is going to have a sister. When we first found out, he called her "baby shmishmer". Now a few months later, he can actually pronounce the word "sister". Both of our kids have grown.

I feel bad that I have gone basically this entire pregnancy without posting anything about it. I have thought about it but not in the same way as Riley. So much has happened since we found out we were pregant. The transition to Chicago has admittedly consumed much of my thoughts, time and prayers. But now.....

Now, we have a room waiting for her. Looking into that room makes me so excited to see her. We have pink curtains hanging in front of the window. We have pink clothes hanging in the closet waiting for her to wear them. We have pink (are you seeing a trend here) pillows, blankets and stuffed animals. There are also the pink letters that spell our daughter's name waiting for her.

We are all waiting her. Our little baby shmishmer. We can't wait to see her.

No comments: